Thursday, November 4, 2010

SEX (To Love IT or Refrain From It) Number 5

I am a highly sexual person and I suppose this is why I love sex. Now I may regret making such a confession but why should one fear making this sort of confession?

Do people in general believe that ones sexual preferences are too personal to share with society? Sexuality is at the forefront of social problems so to me I would think that sexuality should be at the forefront of dialogue, and I truly believe that dialogue is so very important to enlightenment. A free exchange of ideas is one of the most effective processes to bring about a greater understanding of the problems that we face daily.

It amazes me that most people don't consider the 'Hunger Factor' that I believe is at the root of our human conditional problems. We all, for the most part, share to some degree in the responsibility as a member of society to become engaged in such dialogues in order that we rise to a greater level of understanding of the total problem. We humans are far too quick to judge others. We tend to label the actions of others as immoral when we feel uncomfortable with them, thus creating another source of contention and division.

Moral generally means 'Right Behavior' and immoral generally means 'Wrong Behavior' and further more morality is generally associated with Godliness or Ungodliness. I believe in a higher power, and I choose to refer to this power as God. I also believe that this entity is an ongoing creative force that creates both tangible and intangible phenomenon. One of these phenomena is wisdom, and it is this wisdom that gives us authority over nature. I do not believe in 'Right or Wrong', I believe in valid or invalid thinking which will for most part determine our successes or failures.

I am not boasting, but I have never been drunk, I've never done drugs nor smoked. These are a few of my wise choices, or valid thinking decisions. Now, I do not have the time nor the space here to list all of my invalid thinking decisions that have caused me and many others much pain and suffering. I do not judge that I am better or worse that you or anyone. We all must suffer the consequences of our actions, and as sad as it is sometimes many others must suffer as a result of our actions.

I started out in this blog sharing with you that I am highly sexual and I love sex. Perhaps sharing this information with all that choose to read my blog may prove to be one of my decisions based on invalid thinking, but why should it be regarded as such? This fact about me is most likely going to be viewed by many as a flaw or a weakness of mine, or even a perversion.

If I had a great love for lobster, which I do, would this be viewed as a weakness or a perversion, or if I had a passion for fast, shinny cars would this be viewed as inappropriate? Is a person that has a passion to accumulate great wealth considered immoral or is he generally looked up to and admired for his business savvy?

Sex is one of our most wonderful and beautiful human experiences and has thus far been the sole act of men and women that perpetuates human existence, so, I think it unthinkable to not celebrate sexuality, and it is also unthinkable to imply in any way that to love sex immensely is a sign of weakness or a flaw.

Finton

1 comment:

  1. You make a very good argument here... I think we are taught things about sex while growing up and don't question it, and then teach the same to our children. However, there is always someone who will question WHY things are the way they are, and actually try to figure it all out. I tend to be the "black sheep" in my family in a way, and may have disappointed my parents. I sure hope not, but I did listen to them about most things! I agree that people are too uptight about sex and think of it as a bad thing, when it is not... not unless abused or forced on someone.

    ReplyDelete