Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Number 4

Have you ever really sat down, or stood up, or laid down and given serious consideration as to just how many people do you personally know that you feel comfortable with in sharing your most intimate thoughts?

We have somewhat been taught from childhood to be cautious with what you say to people. You could find that you were greatly misunderstood, or you may be harshly criticized or judged. We all find ourselves in situations that put us on the spot to remark upon certain issues pertaining to politics, religion or ethics, or sexuality, racism, the death penalty or just spanking your children. There are a multitude of controversial issues that have the potential of making us feel uncomfortable to offer our true feelings on the subject matter.

I have many friends, I believe. I truly believe that they are my friends but do I feel completely comfortable in sharing with them my most intimate thoughts? Do I even feel comfortable enough to tell each one of them that I don't feel comfortable enough in doing so? If I don't feel comfortable enough, is it because I don't trust them, or is it because I have already judged myself and I am already too ashamed of my most intimate thoughts?

I truly try my best at being open minded and not being judgmental, but sometimes, I must admit I sense flashes of judgmental impulses in my thoughts. I do immediately recognize that this is not right, I should not be judgmental.

We all have either read the biblical passage 'judge not lest ye be judged', or we have read or heard some words similar, or, we have experienced judgmental attacks against us and these experiences have caused us to become more cautious in sharing many of our thoughts.

If people did not judge one another, if we could at least accept one another in spite of our differences and embrace the beauty of diversity would this be a better world? Could we ever see world peace?

Could we ever show our true colors and still find strong loves and companions?

Do you feel comfortable in sharing your most intimate thoughts with ANYONE?!!


Finton

No comments:

Post a Comment