Thursday, December 16, 2010

NUMBER 15 Beauty is Awesome

I suppose you could say that I am a sucker for beauty because when beauty comes my way I am momentarily stricken with awe.

I love looking at the beautiful moon, especially when it is full and appearing much larger as it begins ascending in the eastern skies and the sunset becoming a pleasant memory.

I do not understand this innate attraction I have for this beautiful moon. Is it any more a heavenly body than this beautiful planet earth where on we have the pleasure of living out our lives?

I know that beauty truly is in the eyes of the beholder. We all, I think, see the moon in varying degrees of affection, and this I'm sure is how it is with everything we see on a daily bases. We also see and experience much in life of ugliness and pain and suffering, and all sorts of unpleasant stimuli. So when beauty does come our way it is such a grand surprise that we can't help ourselves, we become for a time her captive with gratitude.

I love beautiful sunsets. Painters have for many years tried to capture in essence their beauty to no avail. I doubt that any artist will ever be successful in capturing natural beauty regardless of their talents. Only nature possesses this kind of talent.

Beauty is fertile to a stunted soul. She awakens the slumbering and causes the heart to dance and the mind to dream again. What good is life if the soul sleeps and the heart never dances and the mind never dreams. That would be what I call the walking dead.

I am truly a romantic but I can't say if this romantic side of me is an innate characteristic in me or if it was born out of some psychological deprivation. Regardless of the origin of my romantic nature I love being this way.

There is much beauty in this world that I have a great attraction to that gives me much pleasure but those kinds of beauty do not cause me to lust for them in my heart. I know of only one source of beauty that has the power to put lust in my heart and mind and that is the beauty of some women in their finest state. Beautiful women are truly a gift to the world and anyone in denial of this, something is severely wrong with them, and, if there is truly a God they slap this God in the face.

I believe that beauty is an elixir. Beauty enlivens both men and women and is good for their souls, their hearts and their minds, and if anyone is in denial of this I have much pity for them.


Finton

No comments:

Post a Comment