Monday, September 13, 2010

This is a time of political upheaval. Elections are right around the corner and there is a tremendous amount of lashing and gnashing of teeth taking place and an abundance of bullshit tactics in the air.

Why can't politicians just be adult and tell the truth about what they stand for and what they are against without their integrity being attacked and being made to look Un-American? To be American is the status of being a citizen of South America, Central America or North America. Now, within the continental US we just refer to ourselves as Americans, so does it also hold true that those in Central and South America are also Americans?

I personally don't care if our president believes in Jesus, Ala, Santa Claus or Peter Cottontail as long as he takes a stand for maximizing our freedom.

In any society equality among the people should be the goal of not only the government but the goal of every individual citizen.

Obama is not the man who brought this country to the brink of financial disaster but many people are on their band wagons blaming Obama for the state of this Union. Have they forgotten that we have had other presidents in our resent past.

I like Bill Clinton but I do not believe he was without his faults in this financial crisis. Bush also had a part in this national financial crisis but lets not stop there. The greedy capitalistic
auto industry, the banking industry, the credit card industry and yes, even you and I always wanting more than we can afford. We all want the finer things of life 'NOW'. We don't like to tighten our belts. We don't want to pay taxes to pay for roads and highways. We want everything handed to us on a silver platter but we don't want to pay for it.

Lets not forget the Senators and Representatives within our state legislatures as well as our US congressmen and congress women. I will not forget our governors either. I really don't have enough fingers and toes to count the many categories of people that have put us in this financial crisis.

I just think it is shallow and even childish to blame Obama. I think that if you would be honest you would just admit that not even you could run this country any better.

I'm not tooting my horn for Obama yet because frankly I do not know if his agenda is the right one, but I truly believe he is trying to move this country in the right direction. I believe he is a good man regardless if he believes in Santa Claus or Peter Cottontail.

No comments:

Post a Comment