Thursday, September 30, 2010

I am a firm believer that true art is much different than what most people in common refer to as art. There are multitudes of artsy personalities that produce a lot of artsy works that appeal to the masses but I truly believe that there is in fact a demarcation line that separates true art from artsy works.

Now I am not implying that artsy people should not continue producing artsy work but art galleries should educate themselves so that they can identify the difference. Real fine arts should never be shown in the same venue as artsy works. This not merely confuses the public but it does grave damage to the art industry and shows a disrespect to fine arts artists, ultimately devaluing the real and true fine arts.

I am aware that all art is subjective but this subjectivity of art deserves serious consideration by those that hold themselves out as art dealers or professionals in the business of art. Anyone can can go into the business of selling art though they know nothing about art except that they like it. We must also acknowledge that there are many 'con artists' out there that will try to sell you anything while leading you to believe your buying a masterpiece.

Art truly is a fabulous thing to bring into your private world but you should do everything you can to educate yourself as to identifying fine art and the artsy crafty stuff so you don't appear foolish. Perhaps in some situations ignorance is bliss but I would rather strive to become as educated as possible when I buy art. If you like the artsy crafty stuff that is fine but don't try to pass it off as fine art or you will appear ignorant. Always tell it like it is, as you should realize you reputation will proceed you.

I must wind up my thoughts for the moment but I assure you I'll be back soon because I have many thoughts to talk about.


Finton

No comments:

Post a Comment